LeTID (light and elevated temperature induced degradation) is a particular form of light induced degradation. LeTID leads to a reduction of the solar cell efficiency and thus to power losses in PV systems.
Our unique test system offers the customer a way to test four solar cells simultaneously with respect to their LeTID sensitivity before module manufacturing.
Fraunhofer ISE provides comprehensive measurement services for LeTID and PID.
- Parallel measurement of 4 cells
- Solar cell size up to 157 mm x 157 mm
- Temperature range: RT to 150 °C
- Degradation by current injection (standard)
- Open circuit voltage monitoring at process temperature
- Manual loading
- Full windows compatible user interface with easy workflow
- Minimum measurement time 5 min, maximum time as required by the user
- Small footprint of the basic system: 600 mm x 600 mm x 1200 mm
- No cooling water or compressed air supply needed
- Full IV-curve measurement at process temperature (optional)
- Different forward or reverse bias voltages ( - 10 V to + 0.8 V) during degradation process (optional)
- Light induced degradation (optional)
Fraunhofer ISE also provides measurement services for LeTID tests.